Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Love Finds a Way



Sometimes…when you hold a prayer in your heart, and never lose faith, and repeat it every morning for almost a year…
Sometimes, when you refuse to give in to fear, or anger, or faithlessness…
Sometimes when you choose love, and hold on to it in the face of challenges…

- a tiny miracle descends upon you like a feather falling from the sky.

This was our tiny miracle.

Ever since our grandson was taken from our lives last November, we held on to hope.
Even as our daughter-in-law didn’t return from Japan, even as her facebook account and email accounts disappeared, we kept hope.

Every single morning we prayed for our grandson Ayumu, and refused to give in to the worst of our fears - the fact that Japan is the number one country for parental child abduction, that they do not acknowledge the custody laws of other countries.

All through this ordeal with our daughter-in-law, our friend Mary advised us to "love her through it" - that no matter how hurt we were, to return every hurt with love.  "Just keep throwing love at it," she said, and I got chills, because I knew that was the right thing to do.

Last Thursday, on Evan’s birthday, as Troy was getting on a plane for Ohio, he got an email on his phone. It turns out that when he goes on tour to the Phillipines in October, the promoter booked him a three day layover in Japan, at no cost. In a matter of weeks, Troy will be holding our grandson Ayumu in his arms again. Aya has agreed to let Troy stay with her family for those three days so he can spend as much time as possible with Ayumu.

The most beautiful part of this miracle: as he got the email, the song “Love Will Find a Way” was playing on the radio. 

*****

The other day, driving Evan home from school, he blurted out a random question, as he always does. “What is true about the world?” he asked.

I thought about it for a moment, then answered, “The only thing I know to be absolutely true is that love always wins.”

 
Click above to see my grandson laughing.  



6 comments:

  1. Hollye….I'm so happy to hear this!! I don't know all the details, but this sounds incredible. I'm sure you are wishing you could be there too. Keep the faith…..as many miracles are on the horizon. Keeping you all in my thoughts and heart ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy, too! Thanks for keeping us in your heart, as you are in mine.

      Delete
  2. I know you know I believe this too!! So very very much. Thrilled to hear that Troy will be able to hold his soon! Keep the good strong loving thoughts going and one day more will come to you. Love you!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm keeping them- it's the only thing that works!

    Love you too, Barb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Just keep throwing love at it," she said, and I got chills, because I knew that was the right thing to do.

    Incredible. Beautiful. Wise. And what a beautiful little boy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle- isn't he a bright spirit?
      Having a rough day today- so I'm throwing love at everything. As my husband says,"Get yourself a love BAZOOKA and fire away!"

      Delete

I love hearing your point of view- thank you for taking the time to comment and be part of the conversation!
love,
Hollye